- A.R Rahman & Rajkumar Hirani Mark First Association With Sanju
- Star Plus REVAMPED! Alia Bhatt Introduces Viewers To The Shows, Here’s The List Of New Shows
- 65th National Film Awards Winners List: AR Rahman Bags The Big Award For Kaatru Veliyidai!
- IT'S CONFIRMED! AR Rahman All Set For A Comeback To Mollywood!
- AR Rahman Becomes The Official Brand Ambassador Of Sikkim
- AR Rahman Reveals His Favourite Actor!
The only Indian music composer who might win an Oscar for the third time, AR Rahman, spent some valuable time with his family and friends on his 48th birthday. He also visited an unwell fan of his suffering from cancer in Chennai.
"He makes it a point to spend time with family on his birthday. He's not really fond of throwing a lavish birthday bash. He started his day by taking the blessings of his mother and then visited a fan who is suffering from cancer in a private hospital here," said a source close to the Mozart of Madras.
It is indeed a noble act from AR Rahman to meet his ailing fan. Doctors in the hospital said that Rahman's surprise visit brought tons of joy to the cancer-stricken patient.
"He also likes to work on his birthday. He spent some time in his studio as well", confirmed the source before signing off. Later in the evening, Rahman also participated in a live chat on Facebook hosted by a famous musical artist Salim Merchant. Rahman answered some interesting questions posed by fans on Facebook.
Rahman and his family members who were on a religious trip to Ajmer returned to Chennai on January 5th, a day before his birthday. The Lingaa music director recently announced that he will turn script writer and also a producer in 2015. May this year bring lots of joy and success to one of India's finest music composer.