- Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Film: Nawazuddin Joins The Cast; Simran To Play The Female Lead
- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
Hindi actor Sudhanshu Pandey, who made his Tamil debut in Thala Ajith's Billa 2, has been roped in to play one of the antagonists in Rajinikanth's upcoming sci-fi thriller 2.0.
Talking to Times of India about how he landed the job of acting along with one of India's biggest superstars, the Meagamann actor has said the call from Shankar's office was an unexpected one.
"One fine day, I unexpectedly got a call from Shankar's office and they asked me if I was interested in a negative role in '2.0'. I was told that Shankar had seen 'Billa 2', and he liked my performance as a villain, and that is why he offered me the role of one of the antagonists in '2.0'. I agreed to work on the film without any second thoughts. I am doubly happy as the film also has Akshay Kumar."
Sudhanshu was very much a part of the recently concluded Delhi schedule, where the team shot the climax portion of the film at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, that spanned 45 days.
"Akshay and I shot together for a massive action sequence during the Delhi schedule. It was 44 degree Celsius when we shot there, and it was extremely hot. Shooting with Akshay brings back many memories as he is the man behind my debut in the film industry. So, I have great respect for him. We used to talk in Punjabi on the set."
So did he get the opportunity to shoot with Rajinikanth yet? "I am yet to shoot with Superstar Rajinikanth, I am really looking forward to shooting with him in Chennai," the 41-year-old actor has said.
Sudhanshu plays Bohra's (Danny Denzongpa's character in Enthiran) son in the sequel.
"Danny Denzongpa was the villain in 'Endhiran', and I play his son in the sequel - I am also a scientist, who is looking to avenge his father's death. After Akshay, I play a powerful antagonist," he has said.