- Dhruva Natchathiram Teaser: GVM-Vikram Team Promise A Stylish Spy Thriller!
- Saamy Square Trailer: Vikram’s Swag And Intensity Will Leave You Spellbound
- Saamy Square: The Motion Poster Of The Chiyaan Vikram Starrer is Out!
- Vinayakan To Play The Baddie In Vikram's Dhruva Natchathiram?
- Mammootty's The Great Father To Be Remade In Tamil?
- Sketch Movie Review: Vikram Shoulders This Usual Mass Entertainer With Elan!
- Before Sketch: Box Office Analysis Of Vikram's Previous 5 Movies!
- Mohanlal Has An Interesting Connection With Vikram's Sketch!
- DISAPPOINTING! Chiyaan Vikram Is Not A Part Of Biju Menon’s Rosapoo!
- BIG BATTLE! Mammootty To Fight It Out With Vikram & Suriya At The Box Office?
- Arjun Reddy Remake: A Treat For Vikram Fans!
- Vijay Sethupathi Joins The Club Of Kamal Haasan, Vikram & Siva Karthikeyan
Vikram's much anticipated sci-fi thriller Iru Mugan, which has the National Award-winning actor in dual role, released last Thursday (September 8) all over Tamil Nadu.
Though the film did not unanimously receive positive reviews from critics, Vikram's charm and acting prowess seem to have attract audiences into cinema halls.
Tamil & Telugu Versions
Both the Tamil and Telugu versions of the film is said to have contributed towards its box office collections. Iru Mugan has been dubbed in Telugu as Inkokkadu.
Thursday Worldwide Collections
On its opening day, Iru Mugan had grossed 12.66 Crores from its worldwide box office, according to a report. Since the film has Vikram playing dual role for the first time, it was one of the most anticipated Tamil films in recent times.
On Friday, the film had reportedly amassed 10.12 Crore rupees. The dip in the collection was predicted in advance by trade experts as Friday was a non-holiday to many.
As expected, the Vikram-Nayantara starrer did well on its third day, collecting an impressive 13.94 Crore rupees, according to a report. It also enjoyed a decent theatre occupancy on Saturday.
Sunday was the biggest contributor among the weekend as Iru Mugan went on to amass a handsome 14.47 Crore rupees, according to a report.
The total worldwide box office collection of the film now stands at a whopping 51.19 Crores. If it continues its good run in the second week, the film might cross the 100 Crore mark.
Though there are no official confirmation, a source has revealed that the film isn't exactly doing well in Andhra and Telangana. Stay tuned for further box office updates on Iru Mugan.
In Chennai alone, Iru Mugan has managed to gather an impressive 2.36 Crore rupees, according to a report.
It is also said that, in its four-day opening weekend, the Anand Shankar directorial has amassed close to 20 Crore rupees from all over Tamil Nadu, which is a decent number for a Vikram-starrer.
The film has reportedly done well in areas like Chengalpet and Coimbatore. With a total collections of 4.5 Crores and 3 Crores in Chengalpet and Coimbatore respectively, Iru Mugan, which also stars Nayantara and Nithya Menon in the lead, is marching towards the 'hit' status.
Meanwhile, according to the latest report, the film has already crossed the 50 Crore mark from its worldwide box office.
What more, it is said that producer Shibu Thameens has confirmed the box office numbers in question. "Official word from @ThameensFilms that #IruMugan & #Inkokkadu have grossed more than 50 CR in the first 4 days," tweeted Kaushik, a chennai-based journalist.
Continue reading the story in the slides above: