- Best Of 2017 Results: It's Thalapathy Vijay's Mersal All The Way!
- Thalapathy 62: AR Murugadoss Drops A Hint About The Vijay Movie!
- Mohan Raja On A Success Streak; Might Join Hands With This Star Actor!
- BEST OF 2017: Pick Your Choice For The Best Tamil Actor Of The Year!
- Thalapathy Vijay's Mersal Enters All-time Biggest Hits List!
- Aruvi Producer Apologises To Thalapathy Vijay Fans!
Yesteryear actress Meena's four-year-old daughter Nainika, who makes her acting debut in upcoming Tamil actioner Theri, was looked after by the team with care and affection as their own.
Directed by Atlee, Theri features Ilayathalapathy Vijay and Nainika plays his daughter.
"When Atlee approached me, I assumed he had come with a role for me. But when he revealed he wanted to cast my daughter, I really wasn't too keen on the idea, because she was too young. However, Atlee insisted that I listen to the story," Meena told IANS.
It was the story that eventually convinced Meena.
"After I heard the story, I realised the importance of Nainika's character. The story is weaved around her and the relationship she shares with her father, played by Vijay. She has about 40 scenes, mostly seen alongside Vijay throughout the film," she said.
Happy with the way her daughter was treated by the entire team of Theri, Meena said it's an honour for her daughter to have worked with the Puli star.