- NGK Second Look: Suriya's Fans To Receive A 'Gift' On This Date!
- Suriya & Karthi Impress Fans With Their Flamboyant Telugu
- Gautham Vasudev Menon And Suriya Likely To Team Up Soon
- Mohanlal-Suriya Movie: The Big Stars Express Their Happiness!
- Suriya Would Like To Emulate Mohanlal In Life!
- When Suriya Shared The Stage With Mammootty & Mohanlal And Gave The Megastar A Surprise!
Actor Suriya is the man of the hour as the recently released album from his upcoming movie 24 has been received well by fans and movie lovers.
With the excitement building up pertaining to some of his forthcoming films, Suriya today, is one of the leading actors, not only in Tamil film industry but also in the Telugu filmdom.
But did you know that the Vaaranam Aayiram star never wanted to become an actor, despite being a star kid?
Born as Saravanan to a famous Tamil actor, Sivakumar, Suriya in his childhood was shy as he lacked confidence, memory power, fighting and dancing skills among others.
Due to this inferiority complex of his, he never wanted to face the camera. In fact, he started his career at a garment exports factory where he worked for 6 months, without revealing his true identity.
He even went on to reject an offer from director Vasanth, when he refused to play the lead in the latter's Aasai, the role which was later bagged by Thala Ajith.
Later in his life, Suriya had to take up acting as Sivakumar was in debt. As the eldest son, Suriya decided to take up the responsibility of clearing his father's loan.
He knew he wouldn't be able to do that by working at the garment factory and hence decided to give cinema a shot.
He was launched by director Vasanth in the movie Nerrukku Ner, which also had Ilayathalapathy Vijay in the lead. The rest as they say is history.