- Fans Of 'Saw' Invested In 'Sadhuram 2': Director Sumanth Radhakrishnan
- If 'Subramaniapuram' Had Been Sent To Film Festivals, It Would've Done Better Than My Films: Anurag
- Actress Ranya Rao Thinks Tamil Cinema Is The Best In Our Country?
- Nayantara's Friend Turns Leading Lady!
- Sshivada Nair Is Excited About Her Upcoming Films
- Angana Roy's Brush With Action & Ballet In '7 Naatkal'
Actor and director Balu Anand, aged 62, passed away last night (June 2nd) at his residence in Coimbatore, following a massive heart attack, said a source close to Balu.
The film-maker, who has featured in more than 100 Tamil films, died on the way to a nearby hospital, after complaining of chest pain, the source added.
He is survived by his wife, son and a daughter. His mortal remains have been kept for public and others to pay their last homage at his home in kalampalayam, Coimbatore. The funeral will take place around 3 PM today, according to a report.
A former assistant of actor-director R Sundarrajan, Balu Anand is responsible for fabricating some of the hit movies including Sathyaraj-starrer Annanagar Mudhal Theru and Vijayakanth's Naane Raja Naane Mandhiri.