- IT'S CONFIRMED! AR Rahman All Set For A Comeback To Mollywood!
- AR Rahman Becomes The Official Brand Ambassador Of Sikkim
- AR Rahman Reveals His Favourite Actor!
- IN PICS! 2.O’s Audio Extravaganza!
- 2.O Audio Launch: Some Jaw-dropping Updates!
- Kaatru Veliyidai Special: Quarter Century For Mani Ratnam-AR Rahman Combo!
First things first, if you are a fan of AR Rahman and wondering what this article is all about, it is the Academy Awards' decision to hand AR Rahman not just one but two Oscars for his song 'Jai Ho' from the movie Slumdog Millionaire.
As a music lover, one might wonder what the musical genius did right that he failed to do in the movies prior to Slumdog Millionaire, for the panel of Academy Awards to recognize his talent after 16 years from the day he made his debut.
The answer might not have to do with AR Rahman's geniusness but with the Academy Awards inability to recognize talent outside Hollywood or English movies.
The Mozart of Madras have come up with thousands of songs and musical notes, which are way better than 'Jai Ho' and yet he won an Oscar for this particular song only because Slumdog Millionaire was a Hollywood material and it had a wider reach.
Of course, we all are happy that Rahman finally got what he truly deserved. But for a music lover the question remains - was it right to award Rahman with an Oscar for 'Jai Ho'?