- Ghajinikanth Box Office Collections Day 1: Arya’s film Opens On A Decent Note!
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 August 3 Preview: The Ghajinikanth Team Visits The Contestants
- Junga Box Office Collections (Week 1): How Much Has Vijay Sethupathi's Film Collected So Far?
- Ghajinikanth Review: This One Had The Prospects To Be A Better Entertainer!
- Ghajinikanth Twitter Review: Here’s What The Audiences Have To Say About The Arya Starrer!
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2: Stars Who Are Rumoured To Be Part Of Kamal Haasan's Show
- 'Badai Bungalow Will Be Continued', Confirms Arya!
- Ghajinikanth First Look Causes A Flutter
- WHOA! RAJARATHA Second Poster Is Out; Kollywood Actor ARYA’s Look Is Revealed!
- BREAKING NEWS! Tamil Actor Arya To Make His Sandalwood Debut In An Upcoming Film!
- Shruthi Hassan’s Sangamithra Makes It Big!
- The Great Father Box Office: Arya Responds To Allegations On Fake Collections!
There is no denying the fact that Arya is one of the most talented and versatile actors in Kollywood today. During his eventful career, the star has carved a niche for himself thanks to his raw looks, charming personality, friendly nature and bindass attitude. Over the years, he has delivered several gripping performances and this has helped him expand his fan base. At present, he is in the limelight because of his latest release Ghajinikanth. The comedy movie hit the screens on August 3, 2018, and opened to a decent response at the box office. After opening on a decent note, it stayed steady over the next couple of days and ended its first weekend on a positive note. Here's a look at its box office performance.
The 4-Day Gross Is Likely To Be Decent
According to a noted trade analyst, Ghajinikanth collected Rs 1.14 Crore at the Chennai box office in the first three days. The figures for Monday (August 6, 2018) are not out yet; however, the general feeling is that they will be okayish. That said and done, the figures are going to be a bit lower than expected, as Monday was a weekday.
Did Ghajinikanth Release On A Bad Date?
Ghajinikanth hit the screens alongside several relatively smaller films. The buzz is that this affected its box office performance. In other words, Ghajinikanth's figures would have been better had it managed to secure a solo release.
The WOM Is NOT Positive
Most critics are of the opinion that Ghajinikanth's screenplay is not good enough, and hence the film has not been able to do justice to its interesting storyline. As such, the WOM is not too favourable. And, needless to say, this is likely to take a toll on its performance in the days to come.
Will Vishwaroopam 2 End Ghajinikanth's Run?
Kamal Haasan's Vishwaroopam 2 is slated to hit the screens on August 10, 2018. And, as expected, it has created a decent amount of buzz amongst the fans, as it marks the veteran's return to the big screen after nearly 3 years. Its advance booking report is quite favourable and this indicates that it is going to be the top pick of the movie buffs when it hits the screens. In other words, Vishwaroopam 2 is likely to bring Ghajinikanth's run to an end.