- Seema Raja Box Office 1st Day Collections: Sivakarthikeyan's Film Opens Well; Beats Vishwaroopam 2
- Vishwaroopam 2 Final Box Office Collections: Kamal Haasan's Film Proves To Be A Big Dud
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (20 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Is On Its Last Legs
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (19 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Witnesses A Huge Drop Again
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (17 Days):Kamal Haasan's Film Shows Growth Over The Weekend
- Vishwaroopam 2 14 Days Box Office Collections Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Has A Terrible Second Week
- Vishwaroopam 2 11 Days Box Office Collection Report: Kamal Haasan's Film Runs Out Of Steam!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (6 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Reaches An Important Milestone!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (Day 4): Kamal Haasan's Film Is Unstoppable!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Tamil Nadu Box Office Collections 3 Days: Kamal Haasan's Film Reigns Supreme!
- Andrea Jeremiah Comments On The Casting Couch Row, Backs Sri Reddy
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (3 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Has a Terrific First Weekend!
In 2013, the legendary Kamal Haasan gave strong proof of his abilities as an actor/director when Vishwaroopam opened to a good response at the box office and impressed the critics. The spy-thriller featured him in the role of a RAW agent and ruffled a few feathers. Now, five years later, Kamal is in the limelight because of Vishwaroopam which hit the screens on August 10, 2018, and opened to a good response at the box office. Nearly a week later, Vishwaroopam 2's still the undisputed king of the Chennai box office and is set to enter an elite club.
A Terrific Week 1
According to the latest reports, Vishwaroopam 2 collected nearly Rs 30 Lakh at the Chennai box office on Thursday (August 16, 2018) and remained the top pick of the moviegoers. Its 7-day gross stands Rs 4.78 Crore. As such, it is now all set to enter the elite 5-crore club at the CBO.
Week 2 Is Crucial
Vishwaroopam 2 is Kamal's first major release in nearly three years and this makes it a crucial film for the 'Ulaga Nayagan'. It has been shot against a high budget. And, as such, Vishwaroopam 2 needs to have a long stint at the box office in order to emerge as a winner. In other words, the coming weekend is going to be crucial for the film and might determine its fate.
Will The Mixed WOM Affect Vishwaroopam 2?
Vishwaroopam 2's stellar performance during the first week indicates that it has clicked with Kamal's die-hard fans. However, there's no denying the fact that it has not been able to satisfy a section of the audience. Most fans seem to be of the opinion that Vishwaroopam 2 does not do justice to the standards set by Vishwaroopam. As such, the WOM is mixed and this might create a problem for the film in the days to come.
Will Kolamaavu Kokila Be A Problem For Vishwaroopam 2?
Vishwaroopam 2 had a free run at the Chennai box office during the opening week. However, things are going to be pretty different in the second week. Nayanthara's Kolamaavu Kokila hit the screens today(August 17, 2018) and it seems to have clicked with the fans. As such, it might cause some problems for Vishwaroopam 2.