- Prithviraj Starrer 9: Prakash Raj Plays An Important Role In The Movie!
- Prakash Raj Comments On The Kaala Ban, Hits Out At Kamal Haasan For Not Supporting Rajinikanth
- Iruvar – An Ageless Cult Classic!
- Mohanlal-Prakash Raj Team: Exciting Times Ahead For The Fans Of This Combo!
- Why Would I Return My Awards?: Prakash Raj
- Mohanlal's Odiyan: Prakash Raj Joins The Team!
- Who Is Mohanlal's Odiyan Manikkan?
- JUST OUT: Mohanlal's Odiyan Motion Poster
- Multi-lingual Actor Prakash Raj Donates A Remodelled House To A Poor Family
- Mohanlal's Odiyan Kickstarts!
- Achayans Box Office: 12 Days Kerala Collections!
- Kota Srinivas Rao, Prakash Raj & Rao Ramesh - The Versatile Trio Of Tollywood
Prakash Raj is known for making clean and neat movies aimed at family audience. His Abhiyum Naanum and Inidhu Inidhu are classic examples of it. Now, he is returning with Un Samayal Arayil, which is also spelled as Un Samayal Araiyil.
Un Samayal Arayil is the remake of hit Malayalam movie Salt N Pepper directed by Aashiq Abu. Prakash Raj, apart from acting in a lead role, has produced and directed the Tamil version. Sneha plays the main female lead role. It has been simultenously made in Tamil, Telugu (Ulavacharu Biryani) and Kannada (Oggarane).
Click Here To See The Movie Stills | Write Your Own Reviews
Kalidasan (Prakash Raj) is an archaeologist and a foodie. He doesn't like changes and not used to modern-day gadgets. His lifestyle of using old car and lack of interest in using mobile phone clearly tell about his nature.
He is a person, who is happy to live in the past and to remember his lost love. On the other end, there is spinster Gowri (Sneha), who is a dubbing artiste. Her life too is more or less the same. She is not happy either with her life, as her stars are not propitious for marriage, or with her profession. The only thing both Gowri and Kalidasan are happy with is the fact that both love food!
At this juncture, Prakash Raj's nephew comes to his home in search of a job. The story takes a twist when Gowri makes a wrong call to Kalidasan instead of a hotel to order dosa. This is the entry point of the beginning of their love. But the initial conversaions are not pleasant as it end with abuses. In the process, they become friends and gradually start liking each other.
When the time comes for meeting, they both decide to send their better-looking substitutes as they are concerned about physical appearances. The rest of the story is about their confusions, misunderstandings before they resolve the issues in the climax.
The movie is packed with lots of co-incidences. Food has a role to play in the movie. Un Samayal Arayil has freshness in spite of the age gap between the couple.
In spite of drawbacks, Un Samayal Arayil manages to engage you all throughout the movie.
Prakash Raj is at his usual best. He has not acted in the role rather he has tried to live the role that perfectly fits his age. His companion Sneha is equally good. Their performance is backed by the acting of Tejas and Samyukta Hornad.
Illayaraaja's background score is pleasing and a few songs are good on ears. Preetha gets full marks for her brilliance in handling camera. The way she has caputed the yummy foods has to be appreciated.
Verdict: Un Samayal Arayil is a complete family entertainer.