TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Monday, July 09, 2007
After Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas, director Anurag Kashyap is all set to make the modern version of Devdas with Abhay Deol playing the lead role. His film will be called Dev.D and will be a modern day take on Devdas. The film will showcase how Devdas deals with today's issues.
Anurag informs that Abhay Deol came up with an idea of making Modern Devdas. Abhay and his friend Devika Bhagat developed the idea and informed Anurag during the Football World Cup last year. Vikramaditya Motwani has done the screenplay of the film and Anurag himself will direct it.
Speaking to us Anurag said, "It's in the writing process and it's too early to talk about. I have zeroed down on three people- Abhay Deol who will play the title role, Mahi Gill will play Paro and Dibyendu Bhattacharya will play Chunilal's character. It's a complete modern take on the book and not on Bhansali's or Bimal Roy's film. The original story is on self pity but this is not as much as on self pity rather it's a story on self discovery. All the characters will be the same but with a completely new take on it.
When asked about modern Devdas's look he quips, "It's a completely realistic and today's film. He will be seen in modern clothes like jeans and T-shirts. He will fight too." Anurag's forthcoming film No Smoking is under post production and will release in September.