- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
Much to the delight of all Rajinikanth fans, the defamation case against Lingaa has been dismissed by the Madurai High Court Bench. Earlier a filmmaker named Ravi Rathinam had filed a case against Lingaa and its team alleging that KS Ravikumar had stolen his story from youtube and had come up with Lingaa starring Superstar Rajinikanth.
But, after counter complaints filed by Rockline Venkatesh, KS Ravikumar and Rajinikanth himself and due to lack of proper evidence, The High Court has now dismissed the case which has ensured Lingaa's release on 'Thalaivar's' birthday without any more hiccups.
Interestingly, another movie named Velmurugan Borewells which has now made it to the theatres fell victim to rumours alleging that this low budget movie is a rip off of Lingaa's story. Rubbishing such allegations, the director of Velmurugan Borewells has requested media and others not to spread such rumours as it would earn a bad name for him and his team and also would question their dignity.
Coincidentally, Velmurugan Borewells too deals with farmers plight and their struggle to reconstruct a broken dam that creates havoc to their everyday lives. Since the movie deals with the issue of a broken dam which is similar to Lingaa's storyline, rumours were spreading like raging fire.
But with everything sorted out, Superstar Rajinikanth's Lingaa will now scorch its way into almost all the available theatres in Tamil Nadu on December 12th. With only 9 days left for the film's release, fans are gearing up to witness Rajini mania come next Friday.