TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Pop/rock star Shakira will be doing her bit to help out kids in need by unveiling a campaign to raise 200 million dollars to combat juvenile malnutrition and hunger in Latin America. The 30-year-old has joined hands with ALAS Foundation (Latin America in Solidarity Action) and revealed her intentions at the organisation's event at Panama's Teatro Nacional earlier this month.
As part of the campaign the singer will perform at four concerts in Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro and New York this year. The charity organisations' step is a joint venture with The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). The singer insisted that the charity organisation aims at making Latin Americans aware and concerned about homeless and hungry kids.
"ALAS came about because of a social emergency: 350 thousand children die each year due to avoidable causes, 40 million children work and live on the streets. We want an active Latin America, that doesn't give up, united for our children," Contactmusic quoted Shakira, as saying.
|Also read... |
Britney managing herself, kids very well
Ashlee debunks rumours of engagement
Posh wants a baby girl
Victoria denies scientology rumours
Kate tries to keep Pete at bay