- PICS: Celebs At Radhika Sarathkumar's Daughter Rayane-Abhimanyu Mithun Wedding
- #FilmFareSouth: Tollywood Celebs Kill It On The Red Carpet: Allu Arjun, Ram Charan, Nayantara!
- SHOCKING! Why Mahesh Babu Rejected Suriya's 24?
- OH FRESH: Superstar To Be Part Of Baahubali 2 ?
- FASHION FAUX: Tollywood Superstars Caught On Camera
- Shruti Haasan Celebrates Success With Range Rover
- Rakshasudu Audience Review: Did Suriya Score A Hit?
- Young Heroes Love For Each Other Surprises Everyone
- Mohanlal Is The Hottest Actor: Amala Paul
- Nayantara Chases Amy Out Of Mass?
- Pranitha Replaces Amy In Surya's Mass?
- 'Rough' Gets U/A Certificate
Surya ready to go for a kill. The actor is set to write a new history at Box Office with his latest movie Anjaan. If the early response from trade is considered as an indication, the Tamil movie will set fresh records at Box Office. And it is more likely to beat Ajith Kumar's Veeram and Vijay's Jilla at Box Office.
Anjaan is all set to release on August 15 in massive number of screens. There are buzz that the movie could release in about 1500 screens in multiple languages. In that case, the Surya's movie will easily beat the records of Ajith Kumar's Veeram and Vijay's Jilla, which top the list of highest-grossing movies of 2014.
Ajith Kumar's Veeram was released in about 800 screens worldwide for Pongal this year. The Tamil movie was opened up to mixed reviews. In the opening weekend it had earned 28 crores and had ended the weekend by raking in Rs.33 crores.
Vijay's Jilla too got mixed reviews but it impressed the Illayathalapathy Vijay's fans. It was released in more screens than Veeram. This movie was released in 900 screens and almost made the same business of Veeram in the first weekend.
Now, Anjaan is set to surpass the Veeram and Jilla's business. Continue reading the Box Office report on the slideshow...
Big Margin Win
Traders reckon that Anjaan could beat the records by a big margin. At the least, the Surya's movie could surpass the first weekend collections of Veeram and Jilla.
Anjaan In TN & AP
Taking the screen count into the consideration, they say that Anjaan will not only make good business in the Tamil Nadu Box Office but also in Andhra Box Office.
Anjaan is not having any competition in Andhra Pradesh this time as the biggie Rabhasa has been postponed. So, the solo release will boost the collections of both the Tamil and Telugu versions of the movie.
The final count of the screens of Anjaan is yet to be announced officially and there are still chances of the movie releasing in more number of screens.
In Chennai, Anjaan is releasing in 37 screens. The Independence Day (3 Days) holiday weekend is expected to keep the cash registers ringing for the Tamil movie.