- Hit Television Show Ishqbaaz To Go Off Air In November? Sources Reveal The Truth!
- Ishqbaaz Spoiler : Shivaay Escapes From Oberoi Mansion; Changes His Avatar To Hide From The Police!
- Ishqbaaz Spoiler: Mohit Tells Against Shivaay To The Police; Shivaay Gets Imprisoned For Murder!
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2018: Ekta Kapoor, Nakuul Mehta, Rubina Dilaik & Other TV Celebs Welcome Ganpati!
- Ishqbaaz Spoiler: Shivaay To Confess His Feelings For Anika Under The Influence Of Alcohol!
- Ishqbaaz's Surbhi Chandna Celebrates B'day In Maldives! Nakuul & Shrenu's Wishes Are Hilarious!
- Ishqbaaz To Witness Steaming Romance Between Shivaay & Anika! This Picture Is The Proof!
- Ishqbaaz Spoiler: Nancy Gets Caught For Her Act! Is Mohit Eyeing On Anika?
- Ishqbaaz Spoiler: Shivaay Is Seen Lying On Top Of Nancy; Will Anika & Mohit Find Out Truth?
- Nakuul Mehta Tweets About Section 377 Verdict; This Is How Ishqbaaz’s Actor Reacted!
- Television Celebrities Share What Home Means To Them Following Jeetendra's #MyHome Trend
- Ishqbaaz Spoiler: Mandana & Zain Imam’s Entry To Have Huge Repercussions On Shivika’s Love Story!
Recently, the government has prohibited television channels from airing advertisements for condoms any time in the day till 10 pm, since some of the commercials were "indecent and can impact children", evoking strong reactions from companies and advertisers.
Here are the major feedback by popular television celebrities on the decision made by Indian government...
The actor took a hilarous dig and wrote, "Can't wait for #Ishqbaaaz to be heavily sponsored by CONDOM adverts cause hey.. we are at 10pm."
He further tweeted, "Yes, because condoms are terrible. Who needs family planning & safe sex is overrated. And yes let's win a GOLD medal in the only sport we can beat China at!"
"I think the lack of sex education in our country is what impacts children. We are such a hypocritical society. On one hand we talk about how much we are progressing and on the other we have a problem with tv channels airing condom ads. Do we even realize that condoms promote protected sex which is the most essential education the citizens of this nation need to get. We are okay with so many molestation and rape incidents happening in this country day in and day out but we will ban something as trivial as a condom ad on television."
"Condom ads are so important to show the people of our country. It's something so basic and important. Instead of making more educative ads and videos to teach the people of our country the right thing our government decides to take down condom ads in the day. I am shocked. If one finds an ad explicit you have the option of making another ad. Banning of something like this is a bit too much."
"The world over, such advertising is being deregulated to prevent teenage pregnancies. It is now being widely recognized as the part of educating certain knowledge but yes the creativity can be changed to decent advertising."
"I stand with my government. The decision is very much fine. As every country has some protocols and our nation is known for its heritage and culture. We are a Consivative close culture and its a question of ethics aswell. And no parents will find it easy to expose their children with such stuff at a very early age. I feel you have to work by your culture at the end of the day."
"To protect children from being unhealthy influences it's better to focus on their education. Creating taboos is not the solution. Creating healthy discussion can be. It is important to introduce sex and birth control education in senior school. Such ads don't affect much because the content of our screen has already rooted to more adult entertainment."
"Banning ads and limiting time on them wont make children not talk about it. They will search the Internet for it and half information is more dangerous than not knowing at all. If children are given sex education, there will be reduction in fewer problems related to sex and teenage pregnancies, abortions. Sex is a taboo in India which needs to change. Decisions like these are just taking India backwards."
"I think it is the children that need to understand about sex and they need a proper education over it. This will reduce problems that country is facing on sexual diseases and others. Banned or limiting any sexual discussion is not the solution anyday."