- WB Textbook Has Farhan Akhtar's Photograph As Milkha Singh; He Urges To Rectify The Glaring Error
- Kerala Floods: Amitabh Bachchan, Dulquer Salmaan & Others Extend Their Support To Flood Relief!
- After Divorcing Adhuna, Is Farhan Akhtar Now Dating Shibani Dandekar?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'The Sky Is Pink' With Farhan Akhtar & Zaira Wasim Goes On Floors, See Photos!
- After Raees, Farhan Akhtar-Ritesh Sidhwani & Rahul Dholakia Team Up For An Action Thriller!
- Aamir Khan Sets Trends On Instagram; Aishwarya Rai, Farhan Akhtar & Sushant Singh Rajput Follow!
- Ranveer Singh, Karan Johar & Others Praise Harshvardhan Kapoor's Bhavesh Joshi Trailer
- Shraddha Kapoor Will Get Married To Whom, Papa Shakti Kapoor Has The Answer!
- Kathua Rape Case: Sonam Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar, Riteish Deshmukh & Others Demand Justice For The Girl
- Farhan Akhtar Makes His Telugu Singing Debut For Superstar Mahesh Babu!
- Shahrukh Khan's Don 3 To Have Farhan Akhtar Playing A Cop? Actor Slams All Rumours On Twitter!
- Shahrukh Khan & Farhan Akhtar's Don 3 Script Locked & Loaded?
Is India no longer safe for children, wonder Bollywood film celebrities like Farhan Akhtar and Riteish Deshmukh, expressing anger over the gang rape and assault of an eight-year-old schoolgirl in Madhya Pradesh. The child was abducted while she was waiting for her father outside her school on Tuesday. She was gang raped, her throat slit and left to die.
A day later, the Madhya Pradesh Police arrested Irfan alias Bhaiyu, 20, a labourer, on the basis of CCTV footage, followed by the arrest of another construction worker in the case. Both were booked under relevant sections of the IPC and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
Here's what celebrities, disheartened and disturbed by such incidents of crimes against children posted on Twitter-
"Given the alarming frequency and the sheer perversion of the crime, one must ask... Is our country no longer safe for children?"
"Nothing angers me more than this. A 7 year old is kidnapped and gang raped. Enough is enough. The culprits should be flogged and hanged publicly."
"I am sorry little girl. Sorry this country isn't safe for you. Sorry these men don't see you as a God's child that you are. Sorry that the people are seeing just politics in this, but not the love that you are."
"Shameful and horrifying news from Mandsaur where a child was gang raped and brutalised. Glad to note that leaders have assured a speedy trial. These monsters deserve the harshest punishment."
"How can anyone do this to another human being, let alone a child? Depravity! Kudos to Mandsaur Superintendent of Police for nabbing the culprit within the day and to Yunus Shaikh for announcing the accused will get no burial."
" Ain't it amazing? Instead of questioning the government about the disgusting Mandsaur rape, right-wing heroes only e-question those who demanded justice for Kathua and Unnao? By the way, has BJP taken out rapist-bachao rallies in Mandsaur yet? They did, in Kathua."
"Instead of name calling shouldn't we all unanimously condemn all rapes and every rapist? How about committing ourselves to keeping every child of our country safe from crimes. It's a fight we must fight together."
(Inputs from IANS)