- Karan Johar On His Biggest Hichki: I Used To Get Teased A Lot For My Girlish Voice As A Child
- INSIDE PICS! Kajol, Rani Mukherji, Kareena Kapoor Have A Blast At KJo's Birthday Bash For Mom Hiroo
- WHOM IS SHE HINTING AT? Rani Mukherji's Take On Pay Disparity Will Give Major Burns To Some Actors
- Arjun Kapoor, Karan Johar & Others Rush To Console Janhvi & Khushi Kapoor After Sridevi's Death!
- LOL! Rani Mukherji Makes Fun Of Her Husband Aditya Chopra At Home & Calls Him A 'Loser'
- SHOCKING CONFESSION! Rani Mukherji Admits She CURSES & ABUSES Husband Aditya Chopra Every Day
- OUCH! Aditya Chopra Had A PROBLEM With Rani Mukherji's Star Status
- WAIT WHAT! Rani Mukherji Says If Aditya Chopra Was Like KJo, She Wouldn't Have Fallen In Love
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 2! Rani Mukherji's Reaction On Reuniting With SRK- Kajol For Aanand L. Rai Film
- Why Adira Was Missing From Her Birthday Party Photos? Mommy Rani Mukherji OPENS UP!
- INSIDE ADIRA'S B'DAY PARTY! From Katrina Kaif's 'Adorable' Date To Taimur's Cute Poses [PICS]
- Unlike Aishwarya Rai! Rani Mukherji Doesn't Want To Share Her Daughter Adira's Pics With Her Fans
- Can Padma Shri Awardees Receive State Funeral? Read Details
The demise of one of Bollywood's shining stars Sridevi has left the entire nation in a state of shock and grief. The actress who was in Dubai to attend Mohit Marwah's wedding passed away due to 'accidental drowning' on Saturday night.
When we recently caught up Rani Mukherji, the 'Hichki' actress got all emotional and shared how the news of Sridevi's untimely death hasn't sinked yet. She also shared her earliest memories of the legendary actress-
Sridevi Told Me She Wanted To Watch Hichki
"Absolutely! Right now what is happening is very tragic and I was very close to her personally. In fact, before she went to Dubai, she told me that she wants to see Hichki and I told her that, ‘Once you are done with the wedding functions, then I will show you Hichki."
I Feel Extremely Sad
"And now, I feel extremely sad that two people who loved me immensely, my dad and Sri ji, who I was I really would be thought have they would have seen Hichki and I would have got a very genuine and good reaction from them. Both of them are no more in my life. So, it is a huge loss for me actually."
Sridevi Knew Me As A Kid
"For me, Sri ji has been my favourite from childhood and she actually knew me as a kid. I used to go in my school uniform and see her shooting. She has worked in my uncle's film and I remember going on sets with my school bag to watch the shoot. And she remembers me as that kid."
It Was The Most Shocking & Tragic Thing For Me To Hear
"I have connected with her in a very different way when I grew up and when I was an actor, she used to immensely love my work. There was a lot of love that I received from her. In fact, she used to call me Laddu! And I am going to miss that because the time I got to know about her demise, it was the most shocking and tragic thing for me to hear. I still can't believe that we are talking about her demise. It was one of the most unexpected things."
Her Death Is A Huge Loss For Us As A Family Who Belongs To Films
"I was looking forward to showing her my film because she called me after watching the trailer and she was like, ‘Laddu! I have to see this film.' I said, ‘Yes Maa, as soon as the film is ready, I will show it to you.' It is a huge loss not only for the industry but for us as a family who belongs to the films. So, anybody who departs, we feel that sense of loss."
The Kind Of Love She Has Given To Me & Adira In The Last Two Years Has Been Phenomenal
"And for me especially because I had a personal connection with her. In the last 2 years, when I had my child, she has been so supportive. The kind of love she has given to me and Adira in the last two years, has been phenomenal. She was like an elder sister, Aunt...she's been a pillar of support to me. It is a huge loss for me and I will never forget her contribution in my life."
No Birthday Celebrations For Rani This Year
When asked about her birthday plans this year, Rani said, "Nothing! Because I am hurt with what has happened with my favourite. So I don't think I will be able to celebrate this year. Too many losses that I have dealt with."