- SHOCKING SECRET! This Is How Sanjay Dutt Used To Trick Women Into Sleeping With Him
- Maanayata Dutt Knew About Sanjay Dutt's 308 Girlfriends: Dia Mirza Reveals Inside Details
- Sanju: Is That Sanjay Dutt? Nope, That's Ranbir Kapoor As Munna Bhai MBBS; Watch Video Here!
- Rishi Kapoor Admits He Admires Ranbir Kapoor's GF Alia Bhatt; Talks About Her Like Never Before!
- Hey Salman Khan! Here's Why Sanjay Dutt Did Not Play His Older Self In Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju
- Rajkumar Hirani Talks About Sanjay Dutt's Jail Life & The Unusual Work He Did During His Tenure!
- Ranbir Kapoor Will Never Be Unfaithful To A Role In A Film For This Reason!
- Rishi Kapoor Once FIRED Sanjay Dutt For Spoiling Ranbir Kapoor & Said 'Isko Tere Jaisa Mat Bana'
- Did Madhuri Dixit Call Rajkumar Hirani To Delete Her Scenes In Sanju? Here Is The Truth!
- Ranbir Kapoor HITS BACK At Salman Khan For His Comment 'Sanjay Dutt Should Play Himself In Sanju'
- Ranbir Kapoor Did This Unbelievable Thing To Play Sanjay Dutt In Rajkumar Hirani's Sanju!
- Flashback Pictures! When Salman Khan & Sanjay Dutt Were Like Brothers
Bollywood's one of the most controversial actor Sanjay Dutt has been in news for many reasons, mostly for the wrong ones.
While, Sanjay Dutt is currently serving his jail term, the actor revealed some aspects of the dark phase of his life due to his erstwhile addiction to drugs.
In an interview with a TV anchor, Sanju baba talked about his addiction to drugs, how it caused him almost death and how he eventually dragged himself out of the fatal addiction.
Sanjay Dutt revealed that he first tried drugs during his college days and then the addiction kept him captured for long nine years. "Someone asked me to try it once, I tried it and remained with me for the next nine years of my life. I always used to be in my own world. From heroine to cocaine, I tried everything that was there in the books. I used to sniff and take pills. In the last year before my treatment started, I even used to inject drugs into my body," said the 'Munna Bhai'.
While, narrating the tale of his life's darkest part, Sanjay Dutt shared his experience when he almost went dead for two days. "One day I had taken heroine and went to sleep. Woke up after sometime and was feeling very hungry. So asked my servant to get me something to eat. Seeing me he started crying and said that 'baba you have woken up after two days'.
Check slider to know more interesting facts about how Sanjay fought back the addiction and his life in jail...
Sanjay Dutt's Realisation
It was only after this incident that Sanjay Dutt realised how addiction to drugs is dragging him towards death. "When I heard this from my servant I was shocked. I went and saw myself in the mirror. My face had that drenched look and I knew it that if I don't stop myself now I will probably die. So I went to dad and told him to save me. He sent me to a well known hospital and soon after that I was sent to America to a rehabilitation center," said Sanjay.
Sanjay Dutt Fights Back
After coming back from the rehabilitation center, Sanjay's drug supplier visited him again with the stuff but Sanjay was strong enough to resist the offer. "I opened the door and he said I have got some new stuff, would you like to try? It was that moment that had to decide everything about how my life was going to be. I realised that if I say 'yes' now, I will never be able to get out of it. And I said 'no'," asserted Sanjay.
Sanjay's Faith On Fate
"I feel I am the chosen one. I keep getting into trouble but keep coming out of it. God has always been there for me. I used to reassure myself that maybe if I was out I would have been killed and this is God's way of protecting me - by keeping me in jail. And so far I think I have fared well at all the tests he has taken."
Sanjay's Life In Boarding School
Sanjay says that his life in boarding school made him more independent but at the same time it detached him from his family. After being at the boarding school Sanjay learned how to take care of himself and thus, did not like anyone's interference in his life, including his family members.
Sanjay's Big Break
"After I got better I never wanted to come back to India. I told dad that I don't want to come back but he insisted that I should come back. So I gave myself one year's time. I did not get any project in that period and right when just two three months were left Pappu Verma came to me with a script. He said he wanted to do a film with him. I told him that I had decided to go back in two months. To this he said, 'my film will be over by then.'"
Sanjay Dutt's Life In Jail
Sanjay Dutt said, "I have become more tolerant now. Inside jail I was nobody. I used to sit and eat with robbers and theives. It humbled me down. Broke my ego. I read the Bhagavada Gita inside jail. And my faith in God has only strenthened with time."