TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Munnariyippu, the Mammootty starrer cult-classic movie, directed by Venu has entered the prestigious Moscow International Film Festival, in the official category. The film festival has the Asian category as well.
The movie was one of the biggest critical successes of 2014 and managed to perform well at the box office. Munnariyippu was also selected for the Indian Panorama of International Film Festival of India of 2014.
Apart from that, Munnariyippu was also chosen for various prestigious film festivals, including Chicago International Film Festival. The movie also managed to grab several awards from various film award ceremonies, especially in the Best Actor category.
Munnariyippu was a great comeback for Mammootty, who was going through a low phase in his career with 24 consecutive box office flops; except Immanuel. The movie is the second venture of Venu, who made his directorial debut with Daya.
Aparna Gopinath essayed the female lead in the movie. The actress was highly praised for her brilliant performance as the journalist Anjali Arakkal. Prithviraj made a cameo appearance as Anjali's fiance in the movie.
The star cast included Renji Panicker, Prathap Pothen, Nedumudi Venu, Master Minon, Joy Mathew, VK Sreeraman, Saiju Kurup, Parvathi, Kochu Preman, Muthumani etc. The movie is produced by Ranjith under the banner Gold Coin Motion Pictures.