- Ranveer Singh's Simmba Will Not Clash With SRK's Zero; Rohit Shetty Reveals The Reason!
- BB 12: Karanvir Bohra, Dipika Kakar & The Khan Sisters Made Yeh Hai Mohabbatein's Karan Patel Blush
- Katrina Kaif Was SHOCKED! When Neil Nitin Mukesh MISBEHAVED With Shahrukh Khan & Told Him To SHUTUP
- Sui Dhaaga Challenge: Shahrukh Khan Is The Winner, But There's A Hilarious Twist!
- CATFIGHT OF 90s! When Karisma Kapoor INSULTED Raveena Tandon Publicly At Shahrukh Khan's Holi Bash
- Shahrukh Khan: During The Making Of DDLJ, My Sister Fell Ill, They Said She Will Not Survive
- Shahrukh Khan Reveals AbRam's Cute Name For Ganpati Bappa, Shares An Adorable Click!
- When Gauri Reacted To Shahrukh Khan's Controversies: I Ain't Dependent On Him, Not Even Emotionally
- Will Shahrukh Khan Play A Marvel Superhero? This Person Spills The Beans
- The Power Of Bollywood! How Shahrukh Khan Saved An Indian Man's Life In War-Torn Syria
- Ambani’s Ganesh Utsav 2018: Shahrukh-Gauri Set Hearts Aflutter; Karisma & Kareena Turn Heads [PICS]
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2018: 5 Best Songs That Will Set The Festive Spirit!
Bollywood actors like Richa Chadha, Kangana Ranaut have openly discussed about the issue of sexual harassment in Bollywood. Recently, Shahrukh Khan too gave his opinion on the same subject.
The superstar, in an interview to a daily, said that we should respect the emotions of the women who faced it.
Here's What King Khan Said
We should not just let it be about ‘Oh this man behaved like this' and ‘This is so shocking,' or all of that.
We Should Respect The Emotion
But we should respect the emotion of the women taking such a strong step in coming out, and being so brave, and help stop this from happening in our individual industries.
It Could Be Happening Under Your Nose
The sad part of it is that you don't know if it could be happening right under your nose.
Richa Chadha gave a very bold statement about sexual harassment in Bollywood, she told HT, ''We will lose a lot of heroes and several people will lose their lives' work, their legacies. I think that's what people will attack -- they can't attack them monetarily, so they will go after the legacies. And it will happen, I would think in the next four-five years."
In Hollywood It Is Easier
If someone suffers the loss of livelihood apart from emotional trauma, why will they come forward? In Hollywood,it is easier as actors get royalty.
But In Bollywood...
''I don't see that happening immediately given the culture of naming and shaming in our country. But when it happens, as it is happening in Hollywood right now, the entire power structure will change. People, who you see making feminist films and claiming to be progressive etc, they will all come tumbling down.''
She added, ''It is very sexy to say, 'Bollywood, ye gire hue log. They do this for work, they are just a cesspool for parties and all. We have a very fertile imagination when it comes to Bollywood. But we refuse to look at others. The press has a role in this - they should not be jumping on a hashtag.''
''The press should be consistently creating a support system for the victim to come forward to say 'this happened to me and he did that'. The judiciary has a role. I once met a rapist who said 'mereko to bus saat saal ki sazaa hogi and then I am back to a normal life', no remorse whatsoever."