- Sui Dhaga Challenge: Alia Bhatt Nominates Karan Johar & Ranbir Kapoor; Akshay Kumar Fails To Do It
- Varun Dhawan And Anushka Sharma Signed As Ambassadors Of Skill India Campaign
- 'Are You Stupid?' Varun Dhawan Reacts To Alia Bhatt's Pay Hike
- Bigg Boss 12: All The Things You Can Look Forward To Witnessing In The Premiere Episode!
- Dance Deewane Grand Finale: Kolkata Boy Aalok Shaw Bags The Trophy!
- Anushka Sharma: The Sui Dhaaga Memes Are Hilarious & I Take It As A Compliment!
- Indian Idol 10: Varun Dhawan Compares Salman Ali To Salman Khan; Calls The Contestant A Real Hero!
- Anushka Sharma Continues To Promote Sui Dhaaga Despite Suffering From Bulging Disc
- After Anushka Sharma's Sui Dhaaga, Hrithik Roshan's Super 30 Becomes A Meme!
- Anushka Sharma On Sui Dhaaga Memes: 'They Are Hilarious'! View The Funny Memes
- Finally! Varun Dhawan Accepts That Nepotism Exists In Bollywood; Says It's Not Good
- Varun Dhawan On His Girlfriend Natasha Dalal: She Isn't With Me Just Because I Am An Actor!
Over the years, the three Khans of Bollywood- Shahrukh, Salman and Aamir remain unbeatable when it comes to stardom and achieving box office numbers.
In recent times, if there is one Gen X star who comes close to achieving this feat then it has to be Varun Dhawan who is currently on a professional high after delivering 9 back-to-back hits in his 5-year career span till now.
Recently in a podcast interview, the 'Judwaa 2' actor was quizzed about whether the stars of today will be as big as the Khans. Here's what he had to say...
Audience Is The King
Varun said, "It's up to the audience, the deciding power is with the audience. If you want to see different films run, it is in the audiences' hands. Every problem or everything you feel that's part of the film industry, the change is within the audience. And the audience will say ‘Humko achi picture dikhao, hum chalayenge' which I believe is true. The audience and the society have to accept that."
No Starry Attitude, Please
"I'll tell you what I feel the problem is, I feel we give less credit to our directors. I think putting all the pressure on the actor always is wrong. And the actor should also stop behaving like ‘main karta hoon, main kar lunga, meri picture hai,' it's not your film, it is everyone's film," added the actor.
Varun Doesn't Want To Outdo Anybody In Industry
The young lad had earlier said, "As artistes, we are just working towards entertaining people and making good films and hopefully, we will get to make a career. I feel amazing about being able to do that and provide for my family and my loved ones. But I am not working so I can be better than someone."
A Busy Year Ahead
Varun right now has his platter full with films like Shoojit Sircar's October, Sharat Katariya's Sui Dhaaga- Made In India and Remo D'Souza's ABCD 3.
Meanwhile, On The Personal Front
Lately, there have been rumours doing the rounds about Varun and his long-time girlfriend Natasha Dalal's relationship going kaput. There are strong whispers that Natasha wanted to settle down while, the actor currently wants to focus on his career.