TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
After Vinita Nanda, Sandhya Mridul and several other actresses accused Sanskaari Babuji Alok Nath of sexual harassment and rape, now, the senior actress Himani Shivapuri has voiced her opinion about the issue. Shivani has worked with Alok Nath in films including Hum Aapke Hai Koun, Hum Saath Saath Hain, Pardes and several TV shows too. In a recent interview, the actress revealed that everybody in the industry was aware of Alok Nath's ill behavior and that it was an open secret. However, though, Himani was not subjected to such acts by Alok, she says she has her own #MeToo stories to reveal.
Himani said, "Maybe at some point, I will come out with my #MeToo story. Very well known and important people have tried to take advantage of me or have misbehaved. They are still around. When I want to name them, I will name them. It will not be one name, there will be quite a few names. These incidents happened early in my career."
She further added, "I was rude to them and I told them this is not done, I had put my foot down. For me it is not about survival issues. I have never had that fear in my life. I did not compromise ever. In the West, they have morality. We pretend to be moral people but we are not. We do not have a moral code."
Talking about her co-star Alok Nath's drinking problem, Himani said, "Whenever we shot in daytime, he would be mild and normal but after having liquor he used to be this Jekyll and Hyde person. He used to change completely. I heard from actresses that they had a tough time working with him."