- How Aamir Khan Maintains A Good Equation With His First Wife Reena Dutta Despite Being Married Again
- Will Aamir Khan Ever Join Politics? Here's What The Superstar Has To Say..
- Kangana Ranaut Goes The Aamir Khan Way; Demands Profit-sharing For Mental Hai Kya!
- Why Did He Reject It? Salman Khan Was Supposed To Play Aishwarya Rai's Brother In Josh!
- Aamir Khan Admits Charging Exorbitant Money For Films; Also Reveals Why He Does That
- Not Only Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan Had Also Rejected Lagaan & Got Irritated With Ashutosh Gowariker
Dangal was unanimously chosen the Best Asian Film at the seventh Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) Awards.
Veteran actor Shabana Azmi, who served as one of the jury members on the panel, led by Hollywood star Russell Crowe, for this year's inaugural category, took to Twitter to laud the film's team.
"'Dangal' wins Best Asian Film at AACTA. Congratulations Team Dangal. With Russel Crowe chairman of the jury. It was a unanimous decision," wrote Azmi, alongside a selfie with the Oscar-winning actor.
The Nitesh Kumar-directed sports drama was based on the life of Haryana wrestler Mahavir Phogat and his daughters. The film starred Aamir Khan as Phogat with Fatima Sana Shaikh and Sanya Malhotra play the adult version professional wrestlers Geeta and Babita.
Zaira Wasim and Suhani Bhatnagar portrayed the younger version of the Phogat sisters with Sakshi Tanwar as their mother.
Besides Dangal, Pink and Marathi film Kasav: Turtle were among the nine films which were nominated for the inaugural AACTA Best Asian Film award.
Actor Anupam Kher also served as a jury member on the panel.
The AACTA Awards ceremony took place in Sydney.