- Did Deepika Padukone Offend Priyanka Chopra & Her Fans? Gets Bashed Mercilessly For Being 'Jealous'
- They Desperately Need Our Help: Priyanka On Meeting Rohingya Refugee Kids
- Priyanka Chopra Looks Magical At Prince Harry-Meghan Markle's Wedding & The After Party! [PICS]
- Disha Patani's Dream To Work With Salman Khan Comes True, Joins Bharat After Priyanka Chopra!
- Beach Bum! Priyanka Chopra Flaunts Her Chiseled Body While Looking Red Hot In A Monokini [Pictures]
- Met Gala 2018: Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra's Dramatic FACE-OFF Takes Internet By Storm [Pics]
- Priyanka Chopra's Blazer Dress Memes Will Make You Burst Out With Laughter!
- Priyanka Chopra Secretly Got Married? A Mangalsutra On Her Wrist Is Making Us Curious!
- Priyanka Chopra Drops A Major Hint About Her Film With Salman Khan Bharat & Says She's Damn Excited!
- Pink Paradise! Why Women Look So Hot In Pink Bra's
- Priyanka Chopra Injured Her Knee While Shooting For Quantico! Sad
The Sikkimese people have branded Priyanka Chopra as a 'fake role model' and 'ignorant' when it comes to knowing the North East and her latest comments about Sikkim prove their point. At the Toronto International Film Festival, Priyanka Chopra said that Sikkim as a state is "troubled by insurgency" and 'Pahuna', the film produced by her company "is the first film ever that's come out of that region."
Angry Sikkimese people lashed out at Priyanka Chopra by saying that Sikkim remains "One of the most peaceful states in India" and has a film industry of its own! Some even poined out very good movies made by the Sikkimese people and said that Priyanka has no idea what she's talking about on an international platform about their beloved state Sikkim.
Priyanka Chopra came under heavy criticism for calling Sikkim 'A state troubled by insurgency'.
Priyanka Chopra's statements about Sikkim are false and the state is not suffering from insurgency.
She made the comment at the Toronto International Film Festival.
We wonder why she ended up making a statement like that on an international platform.
Know Your Facts
It's always right to know the facts before talking about a place in a negative light.
The people of Sikkim took to Twitter and lashed out against Priyanka Chopra for her statements.
Sikkim is one of the most peaceful states in India and PeeCee ended up calling it the opposite of what it really is.
At one end, Priyanka Chopra felt offended by being called 'brown' in America, but then called a peaceful state like Sikkim suffering from insurgency. Double standards?
It's better if celebrities avoid talking about such sensitive topics and just focus on their work, which is making movies.
The comment was seen as a disrespect to the peaceful people of Sikkim.
Reel & Real!
Well, or did she not know the reel and real difference?
It's best if Priyanka Chopra avoids making false statements about Indian states!