- Sridevi Was Missed IMMENSELY By Janhvi At Sonam Kapoor's 'Mehendi' Because Of This Special Reason!
- Post Sridevi's Demise, Anil Kapoor & Boney Kapoor Call Off Mr India 2, Shekhar Kapur Reacts!
- Gone Too Soon! Janhvi Kapoor Celebrates Mother's Day With The Memories Of Sridevi; Shares A Rare Pic
- Supreme Court Rejects Plea Seeking Investigation Into Sridevi’s Death!
- Supreme Court To Hear Plea Seeking Investigation Into Sridevi’s Death!
- First Family Wedding WITHOUT Sridevi! Anshula & Arjun Kapoor Shower LOVE On Janhvi & Khushi [PHOTOS]
- Demise Of Sridevi Is The Reason? Janhvi Kapoor REFUSES To Perform At Sonam Kapoor's Sangeet Ceremony
- Sridevi's Twitter Handle Comes To Life! Boney Kapoor Tweets Pictures Of Her National Film Awards Win
- National Awards Inside Pics: Boney Kapoor BREAKS DOWN; Janhvi Gets TEARY-EYED As She Misses Sridevi
- National Film Awards 2018! Disappointed Awardees Write An Open Letter To The President
- National Awards 2018: Janhvi Kapoor Ditches Designer Outfit & Wears Sridevi's Saree [PICS]
- 65th National Film Awards Live Updates! View Pictures
Bollywood star Sridevi died on Saturday after suffering a cardiac arrest in Dubai, where she was attending the wedding of Mohit Marwah, who is her husband Boney Kapoor's nephew.
Boney Kapoor and daughter Khushi Kapoor had returned to India after attending Mohit's wedding while Sridevi had stayed back to spend time with her sister Srilatha. Later, he flew back to Dubai as he was planning a surprise dinner for Sridevi.
She Was Getting Ready For A Dream Dinner
As per a report in Khaleej Times, Sridevi was getting ready for a dream dinner date with her husband Boney Kapoor in Dubai before she reportedly suffered a cardiac arrest at their hotel room and died on Saturday evening.
Boney Went To Her Room
According to a source close to the family, Kapoor flew back from Mumbai and went to her room at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel around 5:30pm to "surprise" her with dinner.
The Couple Chatted For 15 Minutes
He woke her up and the couple chatted for about 15 minutes before he invited her for dinner. The Chandni-fame star then went to the washroom. As Sridevi did not come out even after 15 minutes, Kapoor knocked on the door to check on her.
He Found Sridevi Motionless In The Bathtub
''When he got no response, he forced open the door to find the legendary actor lying motionless in the bathtub full of water. "He tried to revive her and when he could not, he called a friend of his. After that, he informed the police at 9pm," said the source.
She Was Pronounced Death
The police and paramedics rushed to the site, but she was pronounced dead. Her body was taken to the General Department of Forensic Medicine for an autopsy.
Another Report States That She Requested For Water But Didn't Open The Door
When mid-day contacted the hotel, an employee on the condition of anonymity said that the actor was residing alone. "At around 10.30 pm, she called the room service to request for water.''
The Staffer Raised An Alarm
When the server reached her room within 15 minutes, the actor did not attend to multiple doorbells. After a few minutes, fearing something was amiss, the staffer raised an alarm.
They Found Her On The Bathroom Floor
When we broke into the room, we found her on the bathroom floor. This was around 11 pm. She had a pulse when we found her.
They Rushed Her To The Hospital
The source adds that while Sridevi appeared healthy, should she have been feeling uneasy, she may have attributed it to the exhaustive wedding ceremonies. "We rushed her to [Rashid Hospital], where she was declared dead on arrival."
The Post-mortem Procedures
An official reportedly told the Khaleej Times, "Since she is a high-profile personality, we cannot rush the post-mortem procedures." Given that the actor was declared dead on arrival, the authorities could not issue a death certificate without conducting the autopsy.