- Boney Kapoor Reveals He Took 12 Years To Win Sridevi's Heart; Janhvi Kapoor Breaks Down In Tears!
- Sridevi's First Birthday After Her Demise: These Rare Pictures Of The Late Actress Are Pure Gold!
- NTR Biopic: Rakul Preet Likely To Play Sridevi In The Balakrishna Starrer
- Rishi Kapoor Gets Trolled For Failing To Recognize His Co-Star Sridevi In A Throwback Video!
- Sridevi's Tribute Video Shown At The IIFA 2018 Plagiarised? Boney Kapoor Locks Horns With A Fan!
- B'DAY SPECIAL: These Rare Pics Of Sanjay Dutt With Sridevi, Aishwarya Rai & Others Are Unmissable
- When Janhvi Kapoor Thought She Was Going To Lose Her Mind After Sridevi's Demise!
- Janhvi Kapoor On Sridevi: Acting For My Mother Was Instinctive; It Was Like Breathing
- After Janhvi Kapoor, Sridevi's Younger Daughter Khushi Kapoor To Enter Bollywood?
- Boney Kapoor On Janhvi Kapoor Being Compared To Her Mom Sridevi: It Worried Her
- Dhadak Movie Review: Live Audience Update On The Janhvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter Starrer
- Before Janhvi Kapoor's Dhadak Releases, Let's Take A Look Back At Sridevi's Hindi Debut!
Sridevi ventured into the cinema world through the Tamil film industry and it was Kollywood that set the right platform for the actress in her. She debuted as a child artist through the Tamil movie Thunaivan released in the year 1969, and later it was the same industry that gave her the first role as a lead actress, with the film Moondru Mudichu.
Sridevi's contribution to the Tamil cinema is immense and unmatchable. She was a prominent presence in the movies of the 1970s and the 1980s and worked with Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth to come up with some big hits. Here, we take you through some of the memorable performance of Sridevi in Tamil cinema.
16 Vayathinile (1977)
16 Vayathinale, the debut directorial venture of P Bharathiraja narrated a story surrounding a 16-year-old girl named Mayil, portrayed by Sridevi. The actress got to play a well-written role and she approached the role with perfection. The various stages and the emotional fluctuation of the character was so well portrayed by the actress and she earned a lot of applauses.
Sigappu Rojakkal (1978)
Well, Sigappu Rojakkal, the thriller movie directed by P Bharathiraja was more about the character played by Kamal Haasan in the movie and he did put up an astounding performance. At the same time, Sridevi played the role of Sarada, a conservative young girl who falls for the character. A challenging role indeed and at such a young age, she pulled it off with ease and came up with a notable performance.
Meendum Kokila (1981)
Meendum Kokila, directed by GN Rangarajan featured Sridevi in the title role of Kokila, a young Brahmin girl married to a lawyer. The film deals with the hardships of Kokila and the efforts that she put in to bring back her husband who falls for another woman. Sridevi had displayed a matured and controlled performance in this film and she carried the movie forward at portions. She won the Filmfare award for the Best actress, for her performance in the film.
Moondram Pirai (1982)
Well, nothing much has to be said about this film, which has earned a cult classic status. It had a fantabulous performance by Kamal Haasan and at the same time, Sridevi too, matched up to that performance delivering an endearing act as Bhagyalakshmi, who suffers from a memory loss. The movie is rated as one of the best in Sridevi's acting career and it fetched her the Tamil Nadu State Award for the Best Actress.
English Vinglish (2012)
English Vinglish, released in the year 2017 will always remain a special film in the acting career of Sridevi. The Hindi film, certain portions of which was reshot in Tamil as well marked her return to Tamil film industry after a long gap. She shouldered the entire movie with her brilliant performance as a home-maker named Shashi. The movie was a big treat for all of her fans and emerged as a box office success as well.