- Sridevi Was Missed IMMENSELY By Janhvi At Sonam Kapoor's 'Mehendi' Because Of This Special Reason!
- Post Sridevi's Demise, Anil Kapoor & Boney Kapoor Call Off Mr India 2, Shekhar Kapur Reacts!
- Gone Too Soon! Janhvi Kapoor Celebrates Mother's Day With The Memories Of Sridevi; Shares A Rare Pic
- Supreme Court Rejects Plea Seeking Investigation Into Sridevi’s Death!
- Supreme Court To Hear Plea Seeking Investigation Into Sridevi’s Death!
- First Family Wedding WITHOUT Sridevi! Anshula & Arjun Kapoor Shower LOVE On Janhvi & Khushi [PHOTOS]
- Demise Of Sridevi Is The Reason? Janhvi Kapoor REFUSES To Perform At Sonam Kapoor's Sangeet Ceremony
- Sridevi's Twitter Handle Comes To Life! Boney Kapoor Tweets Pictures Of Her National Film Awards Win
- National Awards Inside Pics: Boney Kapoor BREAKS DOWN; Janhvi Gets TEARY-EYED As She Misses Sridevi
- National Film Awards 2018! Disappointed Awardees Write An Open Letter To The President
- National Awards 2018: Janhvi Kapoor Ditches Designer Outfit & Wears Sridevi's Saree [PICS]
- 65th National Film Awards Live Updates! View Pictures
Sridevi ventured into the cinema world through the Tamil film industry and it was Kollywood that set the right platform for the actress in her. She debuted as a child artist through the Tamil movie Thunaivan released in the year 1969, and later it was the same industry that gave her the first role as a lead actress, with the film Moondru Mudichu.
Sridevi's contribution to the Tamil cinema is immense and unmatchable. She was a prominent presence in the movies of the 1970s and the 1980s and worked with Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth to come up with some big hits. Here, we take you through some of the memorable performance of Sridevi in Tamil cinema.
16 Vayathinile (1977)
16 Vayathinale, the debut directorial venture of P Bharathiraja narrated a story surrounding a 16-year-old girl named Mayil, portrayed by Sridevi. The actress got to play a well-written role and she approached the role with perfection. The various stages and the emotional fluctuation of the character was so well portrayed by the actress and she earned a lot of applauses.
Sigappu Rojakkal (1978)
Well, Sigappu Rojakkal, the thriller movie directed by P Bharathiraja was more about the character played by Kamal Haasan in the movie and he did put up an astounding performance. At the same time, Sridevi played the role of Sarada, a conservative young girl who falls for the character. A challenging role indeed and at such a young age, she pulled it off with ease and came up with a notable performance.
Meendum Kokila (1981)
Meendum Kokila, directed by GN Rangarajan featured Sridevi in the title role of Kokila, a young Brahmin girl married to a lawyer. The film deals with the hardships of Kokila and the efforts that she put in to bring back her husband who falls for another woman. Sridevi had displayed a matured and controlled performance in this film and she carried the movie forward at portions. She won the Filmfare award for the Best actress, for her performance in the film.
Moondram Pirai (1982)
Well, nothing much has to be said about this film, which has earned a cult classic status. It had a fantabulous performance by Kamal Haasan and at the same time, Sridevi too, matched up to that performance delivering an endearing act as Bhagyalakshmi, who suffers from a memory loss. The movie is rated as one of the best in Sridevi's acting career and it fetched her the Tamil Nadu State Award for the Best Actress.
English Vinglish (2012)
English Vinglish, released in the year 2017 will always remain a special film in the acting career of Sridevi. The Hindi film, certain portions of which was reshot in Tamil as well marked her return to Tamil film industry after a long gap. She shouldered the entire movie with her brilliant performance as a home-maker named Shashi. The movie was a big treat for all of her fans and emerged as a box office success as well.