TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
The lovely Rakul Preet is beyond any doubt one of the most popular young stars in the Telugu film industry today. The lovely lady enjoys a decent fan following thanks to her good looks, warm nature, sincere performances and cool attitude. During her eventful career, Rakul has worked with some of the most successful names in the industry, and this has helped her establish herself as a bankable name. Now, here is some good news for all you Rakul fans out there.
According to the latest reports, the Spyder actress is set to play the late Sridevi in the eagerly-awaited NTR biopic. Confirming the news, the film's producer Vishnu Induri said that the team is currently working out on her dates.
"We haven't approached Sonakshi, Kangana or Shraddha. Rakul Preet Singh is our only choice as she's popular in the South, especially in Telugu films. We have shot almost 30 per cent of the movie; Vidya has already shot for six days. We are working on Rakul's dates for now," the producer added.
Rakul has apparently accepted the offer in principle and an official announcement is likely to be made soon.
Sridevi and NTR had acted together in nearly 14 movies and they made a good pair. Some of their most popular films are Rowdi Ramudu Konte Krishnudu and Sardar Papa Rayudu. This explains why the makers are keen to include the 'Last Empress' in the NTR biopic.
In case you did not know, the NTR biopic is being directed by Krish and it's going to highlight the unknown side of NTR's personality. In it, Balakrishna plays the titular character, while Bollywood actress Vidya Balan plays the female lead. The film was originally supposed to be directed by Teja. However, he opted out and he was ultimately replaced by the Kanche director. The movie is slated to hit the screens in 2019.