TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Is A History Changer, Name Changer, But Not A Game Changer — Mamata Banerjee
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Best Smartphones With 4000mAh And 5000mAh Battery Under Rs 10,000
- Deepika Padukone Invites Katrina And Ranbir To Her Wedding Reception
- Unbelievable Mysterious Stones Found On Earth
- A Beginners Guide On How To Invest In Mutual Funds In India
- Do You Know About This Hidden Hill Fort In Uttar Pradesh?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
Recently, Aamir Khan completed thirty years in Bollywood and in a media interaction today, the Superstar admitted that he was approached for Rajkumar Hirani's Sanju, which features Ranbir Kapoor in the lead role and the actor also revealed the reason why he refused to do it. Aamir reveals he wasn't approached to play the character of Sanjay Dutt but his father, Sunil Dutt. Read out yourself!
Aamir Loved The Script
"He (Rajkumar Hirani) approached me with the script and I loved it. I think he has written it beautifully, and he said 'I want you to play Dutt saab' role'. Dutt saab's role is fantastic, By the way, when you watch the film you will see it is largely the film explores the relationship between a father and a son."
Then Why Did He Reject?
"But, Sanju's role is unbelievable. As an actor, I told Raju that Sanjay's role is so good that it has won my heart and in this film, I can't do any other role but Sanjay Dutt which I can't do because Ranbir is doing."
"So, don't offer me any other role because I won't be able to do it. I can't come to the set thinking that 'yeh lines meri honi chahiye.'"
Aamir Praises Ranbir
"I am sure Ranbir has done a fab job. He is a fantastic actor. I can't wait to watch the film."
Rajkumar Hirani Had Also Admitted The Same
Recently, in an interview with Outlook, Rajkumar Hirani had also revealed, "Aamir (Khan) is a friend. Any script I write, I bounce it to him. When I narrated Sanju to him, he loved it and said, ‘Main bhi kuch karta hoon (I should also do something in it).
But Aamir Was Already Playing The Role Of A Father In Dangal
"Then I said, do this (Sunil Dutt's role). But he was already doing the role of an elderly man in Dangal (2016) around the same time." So that's why Aamir had to let go the role of Sunil Dutt in Sanju.