- Rivalry Over Wedding! Deepika Padukone Wants Everything That Priyanka Chopra Gets, Says A Filmmaker
- Ranveer Singh Renovates His House, Could It Be For The Wedding With Deepika Padukone?
- An Usually Cool Deepika Padukone Loses Temper When Asked About Her Wedding With Ranveer Singh!
- Deepika Padukone Talks About Ex-Boyfriend, Says Only Ranbir Kapoor Had The Guts To Say This To Me!
- Deepika Padukone To Return In The Next 'xXx' Film, Confirms Director DJ Caruso!
- Deepika Padukone On Irrfan Khan's Illness: Life Is Fragile, Anything Can Happen To Anyone!
- Deepika Padukone To Confirm Her Wedding Details Soon! Here's Proof
- Deepika Padukone On Biopics: I Feel Like There Are Too Many Being Made!
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone To Perform Nandi Puja Ahead Of Their Wedding!
- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Engagement: Deepika Padukone Wasn't Invited But Ranveer Singh Was?
- Deepika Padukone Starts Preparing For Her Wedding With Ranveer; This Is The First Thing She Bought
- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
The controversy surrounding Padmavati spilled into the streets as several outfits staged protests against the film and even threatened to burn down theatres that screen the movie. Fed up with all these threats, Deepika Padukone lashed out by saying, "It's appalling, it's absolutely appalling. What have we gotten ourselves into? And where have we reached as a nation? We have regressed."
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy questioned Deepika's lecture on regression and tweeted, "Cine actress Deepika Padukone giving us lecture on regression! Nation can progress only when it is regression from her perspective." A user replied that "She is a Dutch citizen" and Mr. Swamy latched on to it and replied, "If true, she must disclose why. This is purely an Indian only debate."
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy lashed out at Deepika Padukone for her 'regression' comments.
She was referring to the ongoing protests targeting her upcoming film Padmavati.
She said "where have we reached as a nation? We have regressed."
Not Gone Down Well
The statement Deepika made has not gone down well with several outfits.
Even Subramanian Swamy's followers have turned their axes against Deepika Padukone.
Several fringe outfits have threatened to burn down theatres screening Padmavati.
A user on Subramanian Swamy's tweet said Deepika is a Dutch citizen!
Subramanian Swamy replied to his tweet in a positive way saying, "If true, she must disclose why".
Padmavati is all set to hit the theatres on December 1, 2017.
The film stars Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh in the lead roles.
Padmavati is directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
Also View: Hot Wallpapers Of Sunny Leone!
Cine actress Deepika Padukone giving us lecture on regression!! Nation can progress only when it is regression from her perspective.— Subramanian Swamy (@Swamy39) November 14, 2017
: If true she must disclose why. This is purely an Indian only debate.— Subramanian Swamy (@Swamy39) November 14, 2017