- IFFM Awards 2018: Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju & Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat Lead The Nominations!
- Deepika Padukone Breaks Into A Cute Dance For Her Boyfriend Ranveer Singh On His Birthday!
- Deepika Padukone Clocks 25 M Followers On Instagram!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh's Wedding To Take Place In India, Not In Italy!
- Birthday Special: 5 Reasons Why Ranveer Singh Should Get The 'Best Boyfriend' Trophy
- Did Neetu Indirectly Blame Deepika & Katrina Kaif For Their Failed Relationship With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Deepika Padukone Reveals It All; Her Favorite Food To Her Favorite Emoji!
- Shahrukh Khan Gets Special Treatment From Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh; Wedding Fixed On Nov 12
- Deepika Padukone Was Asked To Get A BOOB JOB Done To Be Picked Up By Bollywood Producers!
- Deepika Padukone To Step Into Sridevi's Shoes For A Remake?
- Venue Is Set! Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone To Get Married In This Beautiful Country?
- Attracting Luck After Dating Alia Bhatt? Ranbir Kapoor Talks About Going To Hollywood!
The controversy surrounding Padmavati spilled into the streets as several outfits staged protests against the film and even threatened to burn down theatres that screen the movie. Fed up with all these threats, Deepika Padukone lashed out by saying, "It's appalling, it's absolutely appalling. What have we gotten ourselves into? And where have we reached as a nation? We have regressed."
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy questioned Deepika's lecture on regression and tweeted, "Cine actress Deepika Padukone giving us lecture on regression! Nation can progress only when it is regression from her perspective." A user replied that "She is a Dutch citizen" and Mr. Swamy latched on to it and replied, "If true, she must disclose why. This is purely an Indian only debate."
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy lashed out at Deepika Padukone for her 'regression' comments.
She was referring to the ongoing protests targeting her upcoming film Padmavati.
She said "where have we reached as a nation? We have regressed."
Not Gone Down Well
The statement Deepika made has not gone down well with several outfits.
Even Subramanian Swamy's followers have turned their axes against Deepika Padukone.
Several fringe outfits have threatened to burn down theatres screening Padmavati.
A user on Subramanian Swamy's tweet said Deepika is a Dutch citizen!
Subramanian Swamy replied to his tweet in a positive way saying, "If true, she must disclose why".
Padmavati is all set to hit the theatres on December 1, 2017.
The film stars Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh in the lead roles.
Padmavati is directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
Also View: Hot Wallpapers Of Sunny Leone!
Cine actress Deepika Padukone giving us lecture on regression!! Nation can progress only when it is regression from her perspective.— Subramanian Swamy (@Swamy39) November 14, 2017
: If true she must disclose why. This is purely an Indian only debate.— Subramanian Swamy (@Swamy39) November 14, 2017