- CATFIGHT OF 90s! When Karisma Kapoor INSULTED Raveena Tandon Publicly At Shahrukh Khan's Holi Bash
- Kajol: I'm A Hitler Mother, I'm A Bad Cop, Ajay Devgn's A Good Cop
- Ajay Devgn Wants Saif Ali Khan To Star In Tanaaji: The Unsung Hero?
- Eid Mubarak: Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar & Others Share Their Eid Wishes With Fans!
- Sanju Blockbuster Effect: Has Ranbir Kapoor Hiked His Fee For Luv Ranjan's Next Starring Ajay Devgn?
- Ajay Devgn Takes A Major Dig At 'Aged' Actors; Says They Look Like A Joker
- Happy Birthday Kajol: Here's 5 Best Movies Of The Evergreen Actress
- Kajol To Play Ajay Devgn's Wife In Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior?
- Helicopter Eela Poster: Kajol Plays An Overprotective Mother; Says She's Here, There & Everywhere!
- After Chanakya, Ajay Devgn To Play India's Legendary Football Coach Syed Abdul Rahim!
- Ileana D'cruz Posts A Backless Picture On Instagram & Drops The 'F-Bomb'
- Helicopter Eela: Kajol Reveals The First Look Poster Of Her Next Film & It's Quite Interesting!
Ajay Devgn is currently on a signing spree. With Total Dhamaal, two flicks with Luv Ranjan and films under his own productions, the actor has signed one more film. Isn't that some great news pouring in? This morning, Ajay Devgn took to his Twitter handle to announce his next film which will be helmed by Neeraj Pandey. What's interesting is that we will get to see Ajay in a never-seen before avatar in this movie.
Well folks, we have it that the 'Golmaal Again' actor will be seen essaying the role of Chanakya who is touted to be one of the greatest thinkers in Indian History. Scroll down to read more-
Ajay Devgn Makes The Announcement
The actor took to his Twitter handle and wrote, "Looking forward to playing #Chanakya, a film about one of the greatest thinkers in Indian History, directed by @neerajpofficial. @RelianceEnt @FFW_Official @PlanC_Studios @ShitalBhatiaFFW
Chanakya Is An Exciting Work Of Passion For Neeraj Pandey
In a press statement, Neeraj Pandey was quoted as saying, "I have been developing this film on Chanakya for some time now. It is an exciting work of passion for me, and I am sure audiences will love Ajay's portrayal of the visionary genius."
Ajay Is Excited To Play Chanakya
A leading daily quoted Ajay as saying, " I am truly looking forward to playing Chanakya. I have observed Neeraj Pandey's work closely and I know Neeraj will tell this story with the clarity and passion that it needs to be told."
Who Was Chanakya?
For those who ain't aware, Chanakya is said to have played a major role in establishing the Chandragupta Maurya dynasty. He is credited to have written epic books like Chanakya Niti and Arthshashtra and his work is thought of as an important precursor to classical economics. Also identified as Vishnugupta and Kautilya, Chanakya is considered the pioneer of the field of political science and economics in India.
It's Raining Biopics
It looks like Sanjay Dutt's biopic Sanju reinforced the success mantra of biopics in Hindi cinema. We have Hrithik Roshan coming up with Super 30, Shahrukh Khan doing a biopic on Rakesh Sharma, Kangana Ranaut's Manikarnika, a biopic on Gulshan Kumar titled Mogul, Ajay Devgn with Tanaji: The Unsung Hero and there are also talks about a biopic on Kalpana Chawla and a sequel to MS Dhoni: The Untold Story.
Are you guys excited to watch Ajay Devgn as Chanakya on-screen? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.