TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
Ahead of the release of "Padmaavat", the leading lady of the controversial film, Deepika Padukone, visited Siddhivinayak temple here today to seek blessings.
The film created a furore for alleged distortion of history, Deepika and the film's director, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, which even led to the two receiving death threats.
The actor visited the temple amid heavy police security.
The period drama is slated to release this Friday.
The Supreme Court, last week paved the way for all- India release of "Padmaavat" by staying notifications/ orders issued by the Rajasthan and Gujarat governments prohibiting exhibition of the film on the ground of law and order.
However, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh had filed a plea seeking modification in the top court's order.
The SC today refused to modify its earlier order which had cleared the decks for the nationwide release of the magnum opus, saying people must understand that orders of the apex court have to be "abided with".
The film, starring Deepika, Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh, was slated for release on December 1 last year, but was postponed as the makers could not obtain a certificate from the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) then.
"Padmaavat" is based on 16th century epic poem "Padmavat" by Malik Muhammad Jayasi.