- Shahid Kapoor Reveals Why He Gave Nod To Arjun Reddy Remake!
- Shahid Kapoor Reacts To Alleged EX-GF Priyanka Chopra’s Engagement To Nick Jonas!
- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
- All Not Okay Between Shahid Kapoor & Imtiaz Ali? The Director Sounds Miffed With The Actor
- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Trailer: Shahid & Shraddha Kapoor Take On An Important Subject!
- Mira Rajput's Acting Debut Goes Wrong, Netizens Troll Her For Doing An Anti-Ageing Cream Ad!
- Ishaan Khatter: I Was Eight When Shahid Kapoor Became A Film Star
- Shahid Kapoor On Getting Waxed At Madame Tussauds: It Made Me Feel Good About Myself!
- It's Finally Happening! Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Come Together For A Project
- After Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor To Get A Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Shahid Kapoor Started Working When He Was A Child; Mother Neelima Azeem Talks About His Struggles
While Deepika Padukone has worked with Ranveer Singh before, this is the first time she is working with Shahid Kapoor in Padmavati.
Recently while speaking to Mid-day, Deepika opened up about her working experience with Shahid who plays her on-screen husband. Read on to know what she had to say...
They Knew Each Other Beforehand
Deepika was quoted as saying, "Shahid and I have known each other for so many years, but a special film like Padmavati brought us together onscreen."
She Feels He Is A Perfect Hero To Antagonist Ranveer Singh's Alauddin Khilji
The actress said, "His contribution to this film is irreplaceable. It was important to have a good actor, with a strong screen presence and massive popularity to add to this film. Shahid brought that with him."
Padmavati Is Deepika's Most Challenging Film
"I can't remember the last time I was so nervous. I think it is the function of the fact that this one is completely different from any of my previous roles. My role is not from the heart or head, it's from the gut," quips Deepika.
On The Other Hand, Shahid Praises Ranveer-Deepika
He told a leading magazine, "They're both great. I think the cast of the film is fantastic. I don't know when else a cast like this will come together in a subject like this with characters which have gone down in history with moments that are spectacular and a part of Indian history so to say. And I guess it's thanks to Sanjay Leela Bhansali who has put everyone together.
I don't know when else a cast like this would come through. Of course Deepika and Ranveer have been working from before and they've done great work together. I loved Bajirao Mastani and I loved everybody in the film."
It's A Special Film For Him Too
"Padmavati is a huge part of my journey and is very close to my heart because I've literally put my blood and sweat into this film. It's also my first experience working with Mr. Sanjay Leela Bhansali, and I think words would fail to express how much gratitude I have towards him for teaching me everything and helping me in becoming this character. I also would like to say that it really is a privilege to play Maha Rawal Ratan Singh, a Rajput king who was a great warrior and a great king, " concluded Shahid.
Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Padmavati will hit the theatrical screens on 1st December.