- Kareena Kapoor NOT INTERESTED In Working With Shahrukh Khan? Good Prospects For Aishwarya & Deepika
- STRANGE! What's Keeping Deepika Padukone Away From Signing Multiple Films Post Padmaavat?
- Are You Listening Ranveer Singh? Dwayne Bravo Can't Get Deepika Padukone Out Of His Head!
- Cannes 2018: Unlike Aishwarya Rai & Deepika, Sonam Kapoor FAILS To Grab Eyeballs On Red Carpet
- Anushka Sharma Ends Cold War With Deepika Padukone? Praises Her Cannes Look Leaving Fans Surprised
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone Charms In Frilly Pink, Kangana Ranaut Is Glam In Embroidered Catsuit!
- Cannes: Deepika Padukone Knows How To Get The Cape Game Bang On, See It For Yourself!
- CANNES 2018: Deepika Padukone & Kangana Ranaut LOCK HORNS At The Red Carpet Looking All FIERY [PICS]
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone SLAYS It Like A Boss! View Pictures
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA! Ranveer Singh Was Missing Deepika Padukone Badly At Sonam Kapoor's Reception!
- Met Gala 2018: Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra's Dramatic FACE-OFF Takes Internet By Storm [Pics]
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone Tell Staff Not To Take Leave During Their Wedding; Dates Finalised
Actress Deepika Padukone's cleavage news controversy seems endless as the daily has come up with another clarification or rather question, in its defence.
After Deepika Padukone slammed the publication for the 'cleavage news', the daily defended itself asserting that Deepika should take the news as a compliment. While, the clarification did not impress many, the daily has now put forward a new argument in its defence.
Putting forward its defence in the Deepika Padukone cleavage news controversy, the daily published an article saying, "So Deepika flaunted her perfect assets and some gawked and gaped, some others drooled and swooned, while some raised eyebrows and friends and feminists went into protest overdrive about the media coverage of it."
The daily through the article asked a question as to why the rule is different for female actors when it comes to 'drool over' celebrity bodies. "In this era of women emancipation, we have forgotten that it should be about equality, not being over-sensitive. We don't go into a hostile frenzy when cameras caress and capture SRK's and Hrithik's perfect six-pack abs. We marvel, we envy and we drool. Why should it be different for a woman? When you are a public figure and you go out to a press event, you are bound to be dissected from your chipped nail polish to your repeated shoes. If admiring and focussing on a woman's assets is a crime, all item numbers should be banned. How fair is it to say, I will dress to tantalise publicly, but you have to look the other way?"
The daily further raised an argument in regard to Deepika's allegation that the picture was taken without her permission. "For a celebrity, going out in front of the cameras is a responsibility to flaunt only what they want to be noticed and it's really silly in the name of women's rights to say, "Why did you notice and focus on what I flaunted?" Or, "How dare you give a public appearance media attention!" We react to situations from our point of view. Of course, to us, our point of view is absolutely valid and correct; else we wouldn't be so vehement about it. Everything in life is about perspective, and while you are governed by yours, you must keep an open mind about the flipside of the coin. As long as there is no violence or unlawful methods being adopted, everyone is entitled to their point of view. Even if it's top angle!"
Well, certainly it has turned out to be a direct war between Deepika and the publication. Now we are waiting what Deepika has to say about this latest argument put forward by the daily.
Check slider to read Deepika Padukone's tweets in response to the cleavage news...
Deepika's First Tweet
"Supposedly India's 'LEADING' Newspaper and this is 'NEWS'!!?? (sic)"
Deepika's Second Tweet
"YES!I am a Woman.I have breasts AND a cleavage! You got a problem!!?? (sic)"
Deepika's Third Tweet
"Don't talk about Woman's Empowerment when YOU don't know how to RESPECT women! (sic)"
Daily Tweets Its First Defence
"It's a compliment! You look so great that we want to make sure everyone knew! :) (sic)"